Swansoft CNC Simulator (SSCNC) Features
- Complete package that includes: a) machine simulation teaches the student the setup and operation of CNC machines. b) CNC program simulation and g-code debugger teaches programming. c) Server module allows the instructor to manage students and tests.
- SSCNC supports simulation of 2, 2.5 and 3 axis CNC machines.
- The software includes 65 different systems from different manufacturers like Fanuc, Mitsubishi, Siemens, etc… with 119 different operator panels. The panels are very detailed to capture as close as possible the real work environment.
- Free updates for life that can be downloaded directly via internet.
- The system can be customized to include new controls, systems or machines.
- SSCNC is a real time 3D CNC simulator that uses OpenGL for fast and accurate 3D rendering modeling.
- Dynamic rotation, zoom, pan, full screen and switch views during simulation in real time.
- Realistic control panels and operator panels.
- Realistic three-dimensional numerical control machine tools and control panel.
- Cutter trace simulation.
- Supports multiple monitors.
- Total machining process simulation: selecting the workpiece, zeroing the workpiece, select and measure tools, select the right operation mode for the machine and clearing all the alarms.
- Machine simulation includes real components like coolant, sound for machining operations and chips generation.
- Workpiece setting and mounting. Allows to setup zeros and tool offsets and the use of different clamping devices.
- Three-dimensional measuring of workpiece after it is machined.
- Roughness measurements based on tool cutting parameters.
- Materials library, edit and insert new materials.
- Database management tools and tools customization.
- The turret can be configured for 4, 8 or 12 stations (front or rear). The automatic tool changer for the machining center can be setup horizontally or vertically.
- Use virtual measuring tools: edge finder, feeler gauge, micrometer, calipers etc.
- Windows MACRO recording and playback system.
- Operation process recording and replay in AVI format.
- Programs are easily created in ASCII format using any text editor.
- Edition capabilities (cut, copy, paste).
- Numbering and renumbering of lines.
- Changes in the lines of program are simple and intuitive.
- Help on screen for G/M codes.
- Program verification of canned cycles and language syntax according to the command code for the specific model.
- G Code parser. Support ISO-1056 preparatory function codes (G codes), assistant function codes (M codes).
- G-code debugging tool.
- Capability to simulate canned cycles, macros and the inclusion of parameters.
- FANUC, SIEMENS polar coordinate programming, G02, G03 spiral interpolation.
- Support for custom code and cycles in different NC systems.
- Simulates post processed files produced by UGS, Pro-E, Master CAM.
- Preset zero point G54, G55, G56, G57 etc …
- Preset tool axes X and Z (Lathe) and height of tool (Milling).
- Electronic hand wheel available.
- Modes JOG, MDI, EDIT, SINGLE BLOCK, AUTOMATIC, DRY RUN, STOP CYCLE, CYCLE START, EMERGENCY etc …
- Adjust the cooling hose.
- Alarm collision with the piece, bench or other machine parts.
- Adjust the parameters of the virtual machine.
- Performs all functions of the command operation, facilitating the adaptation of the student with the CNC equipment.
SSCNC Server Features
When the software is installed on a local network in a server-client configuration it provides the instructor with the capability for managing students, classes and tests. The following features are available:
Students are registered in the SSCNC server by means of a username and password. Once the student log in from any computer in a local network the instructor can centrally manage, monitor and tutor the students.
Add and edit exercises in SSCNC server. Transmit exercises including pictures to clients (students). Students work on the exercise and transmit the answers back to the instructor.
SSNC sever saves students registration information and allows querying and controlling login, logoff and machine operations. Broadcast screen information to the students and remotely assist them via remote view and controlling of the client PC.
Includes question library management, test paper management, the test process management as well as the examination paper automatic grading.
Including test data management, exam permit management and test results management.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Runs on Windows Environment – XP and above (runs on Win 10).
- LAN network required to use the server functionality
- Processor 1.0 GHz minimum, 1.5 GHz recommended
- 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB recommended.
- 600 MB of hard disk space for program installation.
- VGA graphics card capable of 1024×768 resolution, recommended support for OpenGL.
- Multilingual Software – Portuguese, English, Chinese, Turkish, Korean and Polish.
The panels and systems can be customized according to your needs. Most of the time the only thing that is required are some pictures and the panel’s manual. It is also possible to make a 3D model of the machine to get as close as possible to the real system.
New systems and panels are being added constantly and the updates are free of charge.